09 Apr Top 20 Blogging and Social Media Tips by Rhonda Massad
I recently attended the We2 Women’s Entrepreneurial Exchange networking luncheon featuring Rhonda Massad of the West Island Blog In the past two years Rhonda has built her community blog and has over 3 million page views.
Blogging is one of the best ways to attract your ideal clients! Rhonda had some great tips on how to be successful at finding your ideal clients and increase traffic via blogging and social media.
Rhonda’s 20 tips for Successful Blogging and Social Media Sharing
- Pay attention to your readers. Treat them like friends. Read and respond to their comments.
- Understand your stats. Look at what posts are getting the most views.
- Keep text short and sweet.
- Use powerful titles like ‘How to…’ and ‘5 Tips for…’
- Include photos in blog posts and when sharing on social media. No pics = no views. People love cute pictures of animals and photos that evoke emotion.
- Give out a positive vibe. Speak from your heart. Avoid social bickering. Delete negative comments rather than engaging in negativity.
- Say what you feel. Take a stand.
- Connect with the community.
- Be helpful. Give tips, advice and insights.
- Thank someone publicly for their service or kindness.
- Get involved. Participate in fundraising and raise awareness of worthy causes. Rhonda is a Canada 150 Community Leader.
- Be a spokesperson for your soul searching group. Connect with your tribe.
- Look to others to emulate their success. You do not need to reinvent the wheel. See if what others are doing works for you. Look at other blogs for ideas.
- Reciprocate. Share other people’s blogs and social media posts
- Encourage others.
- Ask friends to share your posts.
- Do giveaways and contests.
- Donate your products or services to silent auctions and fundraisers.
- Star Power. Connect with influencers.
- Do live posts via Facebook and other platforms.
Rhonda Massad is a journalist, freelance writer, mother, and grandmother. She is an activist in our community. She has taken her passion for writing and community to new levels on her award-winning viral news blog, West Island Blog. She has recently started a second blog called Montreal Grandma. She has a monthly spot on Global TV where she shares Rhonda’s Best of the West where she looks at the fun things to do in our region. (blurb from the We2 Women’s Entrepreneurial Exchange website)