30 May Success via Extreme Customer Service
Michael touched on everything from offering your time as a mentor, delegating tasks, being confident and differentiating your brand to sharing templates such as Evernote, Zoho CRM, Trello and Smart Sheet.
I love his philosophy of Extreme Customer Service. This has always been one of the pillars in my own business and the number the reason for my success. I have been able to find my niche on Etsy through custom orders and saying YES to even the craziest design ideas!
Here are my top 12 take-homes from Michael’s talk.
TOP 12 WAYS TO OFFER EXTREME CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Under promise and over deliver. Exceed customer expectations.
- Never say NO to a customer. Anything is possible for time and money. Listen to what is not said. They are paying you to alleviate their headache.
- Be professional. Address customer emails in a professional manner.
- Be consistent. Portray a consistent message across all platforms.
- Be available. Respond promptly to emails and questions.
- Be dedicated. Appreciate your customer. The deepest human need is to be appreciated. Be grateful.
- Be polite. Courtesy is key. Always say please and thank you.
- Have integrity and honesty.
- Be nimble. Be inventive and scrappy. Be quick to find solutions.
- Give clients choices. Empower them.
- Create terms and conditions. People will pay for extra service.
- Eliminate risk for clients. Offer 100% guarantee. Offer trial size packets.
Start by StARTing TIP: Practice the mantra: Customer is key. Your success in business is not about you, but about those you serve.